Whipped Coconut Cream
It's one thing to be able to drink & enjoy hot cocoa that fits my dietary needs. But being able to top it off with whipped cream that is ALSO allergen-friendly!!?? That's the icing on the cake. Now you can dress up your hot cocoa with coconut whipped cream AND our delicious marshmallows for a decadent treat.
Really, I always think whipped cream is so much better when it is homemade and I love the coconut-y flavor in this dairy-free, gluten-free & refined sugar free version. And I must say the coconut compliments our Bare Life Coconut Hot Cocoa perfectly too! Our whipped cream also pairs nicely with some classic organic strawberries, as pictured above.
Be sure to leave your thoughts, tips and feedback in the comments below and let us know if you have additional toppings or mix-in ideas!
Enjoy freeing your food!
- 2 cups (about 1 1/2 - 12oz cans) coconut cream with guar gum
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp light agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp powdered agave
- Measuring cup
- Stand electric mixer with whisk attachment
- Large spoon
- Piping or frosting bag*
- Refrigerate coconut cream overnight.**
- The following morning, scoop out the chilled and firm coconut cream, leaving any extra clear liquid.
- Add coconut cream to your stand mixer and whip, using the whisk attachment on high, for around 3-5 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Then, add in the vanilla extract and agave nectar.
- Whip mixture until soft peaks form and whipped cream is smooth,
- Store in refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy your creation. (It may separate and need to be re-whipped overtime).
- Enjoy your creation!
*Best piped with a frosting bag,
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes about 2 cups